- This event has passed.
RCAC: Emergency Response Planning & Hazard Mitigation
October 18, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Description: Natural disasters that can affect public water systems in California include fires, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis and droughts. You name it, we have it. The fires in California have become increasingly vexing, and this workshop will focus primarily on fire prevention and recovery. It can happen to your water system! Water system emergencies are any situation that can cause water outages, unsafe drinking water or any harm to humans or animals. Have you prepared ahead of time? Do you have a written response plan? Do you have mutual aid agreements in place? Are you prepared to interact with state and federal agencies afterwards? This workshop will provide water system personnel with information and resources to respond preemptively and proactively to most emergency situations.
Participants will learn:
- Ways to protect your water system before disaster strikes
- Lessons from emergencies experienced by the trainers
- How to establish effective mutual aid agreements
- How to create an emergency and disaster response plan using the Water Board-approved template
- Lessons learned regarding state and federal assistance immediately following emergencies
Recommended audience: managers, operators, administrative staff and board members.
Accreditation: 2 California Drinking Water Contact Hours awarded