- This event has passed.
Webinar | Drought Contingency Planning and Water Loss Part 2/2
February 23, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
This course is now offered as an online training. It is recommended to take both parts on the same day. Part 1 will take place from 10:00am to 12:00pm and Part 2 will take place from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Please follow the links below to register for each part separately.
Although the Governor has announced that the drought state of emergency has ended, we are now transitioning to a permanent framework for making water conservation a California way of life. Current prohibitions against wasteful water use practices and requirements for monthly water use reporting still remain in place. Planning for drought conditions is essential to ensure water supply for public health and safety and to minimize impacts on economics, environment and lifestyle. This workshop will cover how to plan for drought to reduce the vulnerability of the water system. Knowing how much water you have and use, plays a huge role in drought preparedness and water conservation. Learn how to monitor for drought, and lessons learned from the past. Understand the challenges of small systems, and how to keep up with current and new drought/conservation regulations.
Participants will learn:
- Where to find climate information
- How to determine triggers for different drought stages
- Why asset management reduces costs
- Best practices to reduce water use, making water conservation a way of life in your community
- How to develop a drought management plan and obtain public buy-in
- Useful tools and resources to keep up with current and new regulations