- This event has passed.
Webinar | Rate Setting for Small Water Systems
April 13 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
This course Rate Setting for Small Water Systems is offered two times on the same day, attendees ONLY need to register once to take this course.
Do you really need to increase rates? Improved understanding of financial reports will help you answer this question. The goal of good financial management is to ensure that the utility is operated as a financially sustainable enterprise, while providing safe and reliable water, both in the short- and long-term.
In order to remain viable, all public water systems need to acquire and manage sufficient financial resources to achieve and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements. One primary tool to become and remain viable is developing and maintaining a comprehensive budget. This workshop will show board members, managers and operators how to develop a budget, identify revenues and expenses, methods to balance the budget, and how to review a budget comparison report on a regular basis.
Participants will learn:
- How to prepare a budget
- How to identify revenue and expenses
- How to identify fiscal policies for assisting in balancing the budget
- How to review the budget comparison report on a regular basis
- How to establish a rate structure based on the true cost of producing and delivering water
- Who has to adhere to Prop. 218 and how to adhere to it