- This event has passed.
Webinar | Setting Effective Rates For Small Systems
May 19, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Free Small System Operator Training for Systems Serving a Population of 10,000 Persons or Fewer
During the webinar, please check the participant list to make sure your name appears. Contact hours will only be issued to the names that appear on the participant list.
This workshop is part of a special workshop series made possible through the collaboration of the American Water Works Association (AWWA), the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the Partnership for Safe Water.
Webinar participants will learn how to assess revenue requirements, identify the community’s financial priorities, and build rates that fit your situation and objectives. All participants receive dedicated, follow-up technical assistance and helpful documents from AWWA.
Session 1 – Setting Effective Rates for Small Systems
- Assessing Your System
- Your Community Priorities
- Identifying your core financial objectives, evaluating your customer base, and where to find information on your customers and your community
- Building Rates that Fit Your Situation and Objectives
Session 2 – Optimization and Accessing Funding
- Overview of the AWWA Partnership for Safe Water Programs
- How to conduct a self-assessment in order to optimize your operations
- General Management/Administration, Finance, Asset Management, Source Water Protection and Distribution System Operations
- How to apply for low interest funding through the USDA.
- A representative from your local USDA office will present this information and answer any questions you may have.
This webinar is 9:00 am – 12:00 pm on May 18 and May 19.