Webinar | Source Water Protection Part 1
May 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Surface water or groundwater can serve as drinking water sources and each has their own treatment requirements for public drinking water supplies. Protecting source water from contamination can reduce treatment costs, saving both time and money. Protecting source water also reduces risks to public health from exposures to contaminated water. Source water assessments provide water utilities, community and others with information needed to protect drinking water sources. Learning how to conduct a source water assessment and implement management measures can prevent, reduce or eliminate risks to your drinking water supply.
Participants will learn:
- Delineation of source water protection area
- Inventory of known and potential contamination sources
- Determine susceptibility of your PWS to contaminant sources
- Public education about threats identified
- Management measures for prevention, reduction or elimination of risks
- Contingency planning for contamination events
The recommended audience includes local government (boards), management and operators.