- This event has passed.
Webinar | The Building Blocks of Successful Construction Symposium Part 1/2
March 9, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
This course is now offered as an online training. It is recommended to take both parts on the same day. Part 1, Your Construction Toolkit will take place from 10:00am to 12:00pm and Part 2, SAFER Building Blocks will take place from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Please follow the links below to register for each part separately.
Your water system has needed improvements for quite some time. Necessary improvements may include a main line extension, hydrant replacement/installations, a new storage tank, an upgrade to the water source or other component replacement/extension. A successful project begins with team development, funding and planning. The team may include a board member, it will include management, operations, office staff, the state health department, funder(s), a competent engineer and contractors that have been thoroughly vetted. Join this workshop where the trainer and participants will share their experiences and discuss how to build your own construction toolkit.
Participants will learn:
- County and state encroachment permitting
- Proper notification of other utilities when digging during projects
- Regular “check in” meetings with all involved parties
- Routine project inspections, including regular “walk by” inspections
- Developing the proper professional relationship with all involved parties to achieve your goals