- This event has passed.
EFCN: Are Your Rates Too High? Wastewater Rate Affordability and Setting the Right Rates for your System
January 25 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Description: This webinar will help you ensure the financial stability of your wastewater system while providing safe, quality service at fair rates. We will focus on understanding different types of costs for wastewater systems, how systems can select rate setting objectives and match those with appropriate rate structures, as well as best practices for rate setting and design.
- Develop rate setting objectives
- Determine the cost of providing wastewater service
- Anticipate changes in revenues year-to-year by changes in use
- Measure the affordability of rates for all of your customers
- Create rate structures that reflect your rate setting objectives
Presenter: Dr. Jason Barrett, Associate Professor, Mississippi State University Extension Service/Mississippi Water Resources Research Institute